Are you looking for scholarships to study in the UK for Ghanaian students? There are a number of universities, local and international organizations supporting Ghanaian students to study on scholarship in the United Kingdom. They are scholarships for undergraduate, Masters and PhD studies for Ghanaians who which to study in the UK.
On that note, we have compiled over 100 UK scholarships for Ghanaian students. No matter your level of education, there is a scholarship in the UK available for you. This page will be updated frequently to bring you the latest scholarships in the UK available to Ghanaian students in 2023/2024. Be sure to bookmark this page for future reference and updates.
Each year, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) opens applications for Ghanaian students to apply for Masters’s and PhD scholarships. The following are available Commonwealth Scholarships,
- Commonwealth Masters Scholarship for Developing Countries. See UK universities that have part funding agreements with the CSC on http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/uk-universities/.
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarship for Developing Countries. See UK universities that have part funding agreements with the CSC on http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/uk-universities/.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme set up by the Department for International Development (DFID) in 1986, represent a unique partnership between the United Kingdom government and UK universities and the candidate’s country (in this case Ghana).
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships – PhD in UK and Nigerian Universitieswebpage: (https://www.afterschoolafrica.com/728/commonwealth-split-site-phd/)
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for Commonwealth Developing Countries to support mid-career professionals to spend a period of time with a UK host organization working in their field for a programme of professional development.
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, at UK Universities, cover overseas tuition fees at the Master’s degree level and are open to candidates who are citizens of a developing Commonwealth country.
The University of Reading Masters and PhD Scholarships
Under the prestigious Felix Scholarships scheme, one Felix Scholarship will be available to well-qualified students to pursue postgraduate study (Master’s) at the University, starting their programme in September 2024.
For more information, visit the University of Reading Masters and PhD Scholarships on: http://www.reading.ac.uk/gs-felix.aspx.
The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office established the Chevening Scholarship programme in 1983 and is now an internationally prestigious scheme with over 41,000 alumni including Ghanaian students. Chevening awards enable Scholars to study a one-year postgraduate Master’s course in any discipline at any UK university.
For more details visit the Chevening Scholarships.
The University of Portsmouth Masters Scholarship for Ghanaian and Nigerian Students (2.2 and above)
The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee but please note, it cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University. The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one-year Masters’s fee and is non-renewable and only valid for study on the courses listed in the link above.
For more information, visit the University of Portsmouth Masters Scholarship on: http://www.port.ac.uk/faculty-of-science/postgraduate-scholarships/
The University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship
Founded in 2001, Developing Solutions is The University of Nottingham’s flagship international scholarship programme for postgraduate masters courses. The scholarship covers 50% and 100% tuition fees.
For more information, visit the University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship.
Fully-Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship for Masters and Professional Programs
Each year, Rotary selects up to 100 individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships at one of its peace centres. These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship for Ghana and Nigeria
To achieve their objectives, the AIG will fundscholarshipsandFellowships for outstanding Nigerians and Ghanaians to undertake intensive post-graduate world-class training in governance and public policy at The Blavatnik School of Government at the University of Oxford.
Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
The Denys Holland Scholarship aims to support undergraduate students from any country, who without the support of the scholarship would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL, and who can demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.