Boy dies of snake bite after typical delay at Wa Hospital.
The two year old boy according sources died of snakebite at Boli in the Upper West Region as a result of the closure of the folder room at the Wa regional hospital.
After four hours of waiting without the essential health care by the health workers at the government health facility, the boy lost his life.
An eyewitness also added that the boy was taken away without being cared when he died.
Officials at the Wa hospital are yet to respond to explain how it all happened. The sad incident took place Saturday night.
Accessing health care when one suffers a snake bite must be treated with all the urgency it deserves and the practice where one’s folder is prioritized over the urgency of health care needed in many of Ghana’s health facilities dotted around the country must be carefully looked into.
The Ghana Health Service and the Ministry of Health must help save lives and avoidable deaths so that stories like Boy dies of snake bite after typical delay at Wa Hospital will be stopped.