Teachers working under the Ghana Education Service are battling a common enemy called the PreTertiary bill. Within this bill lies the 5 biggest fears of teachers in Ghana today.
What are the teachers’ biggest fear about the PreTertiary bill?
- Free SHS: BECE is no more competitive, teachers need not work hard
- Coronavirus: Change 2020 WASSCE Date -Teachers Unions
Hon Jerry Akporhor has outlined the 5 biggest fears of teachers sending shivers down the spine of teachers. These are according to him
1. Fear of irregular Salary payment?
2. Fear of not being able to be transferred from one district to another?
3. Fear of the Inability of DCEs to properly manage teachers and schools?
4. Fear of Appointment to key positions and upgrades on political lines?
5. Fear of not being able to engage in active politics?
What does the Pre Tertiary bill actually say about these concerns?
Is there any insulation against political infiltration?
Is there anything good about the bill?
Is the Pre Tertiary bill breaking any legal code?
Are these fears really true or just borne out of ignorance and excessive emotionality?
Well, wait for the answers as he breaks this jigsaw puzzle in the PreTertiary bill in later publications.
Source: Hon Jerry Akporhor