The GES posting requirements and guidelines for 2020/2021 newly trained teachers have been released by the Ghana Education Service.
The GES has indicated that candidates who wish to be considered for employment as teachers must have the following basic requirements.
- Completed and passed the final-year College of Education Examination.
- Passed the Teacher Licensure Examination.
- Completed the mandatory National Service
- Candidate should be prepared and ready to work wherever they will be posted to by the GES.
Only newly trained teachers who meet the above will be shortlisted/Posted.
The GES posting or Recruitment portal would be open for registration starting 1st August 2020 to receive application.
The closing date for the registration period is in September, 2020 whiles the postings shall be completed and made public by the end of November, 2020.
Additional requirements for completing the GES posting requirements are
- Birth Certificate
- Senior High Certificate (WASSCE)
- Junior High Certificate (BECE)
- SSNIT Number / TIN
- NTC Certificate among others.
College’s Certificate and NSS Certificate will later be given to all trained teachers undergoing their mandatory service in the nation.