JHS Re-opening guidelines for schools have been released by the Ministry of Education
through Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh (MP) the Education Minister. The ministry has also indicated the 2020 BECE start date.
According to the ministry, as announced by the president in his 10th address to the nation.
From Monday, June 29, 2020, all Junior High School final year students will return to the classroom.
Students will have eleven weeks of academic work which adds up to roughly 3 months. Academic work will end on Friday 11th September.
BECE 2020 Start date
Per the information regarding the end of the 11 weeks of academic work, the BECE 2020 commence on Monday. 14th September and end on Friday 18th September.
The BECE time table below is a projected timetable based on the June 2020 time table for the 2020 BECE exams.
The Ministry of Education has further directed that
• All classes to be split – No more than 30 students in a class
• Classes will be from 9AM to 1PM Each day (Reduced School Day)
• No breaks outside the classroom
• Schools will have enhanced daily health protocols
• Schools will be unavailable for religious activities
• No sports or sporting events