If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 10 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about the ability to edit messages, available on WhatsApp beta for iOS, Android, and Web!
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- Thanks to a Google spokesperson, we learned that there is a bug in the Android system that incorrectly displays WhatsApp privacy indicators in the Privacy Dashboard.
- The WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update included information about message editing: your edited messages will be successfully updated for everyone in the conversation in case they are using the latest version of WhatsApp.
- After releasing a feature that allows users to join the beta program for WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp is releasing the first feature to some beta testers that joined the beta program: the ability to edit messages!
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, some beta testers can finally edit text messages within 15 minutes of sending them.
- The same update about message editing is available to some beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update available on the TestFlight app. The update also includes new features: silence unknown callers, and improvements for the community announcement group. In our opinion, message editing is the best news of the week:
- An official Smartwatch app for WhatsApp is available on Wear OS. Since this is the first version of the app, some features may still not be supported and it’s possible you experience some bugs.
- With the WhatsApp for iOS 23.9.77 update available on the App Store, WhatsApp is widely rolling out a tweaked interface when loading link previews, making it easier for users to understand when a preview is loading and when it is available.
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for iOS 220.127.116.11 update available on the TestFlight app, we shared a sneak peek about the ability to see a list of channels users follow, available in a future update of the app.
- With the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, we shared information about a feature to introduce channels, available in a future update of the app.
- Further details about channels are available with the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update. In particular, WhatsApp is working on a broadcast channel conversation and 12 tools to use along with channels in a future update of the app: interface, verification status, number of followers, mute notifications button, handles, real followers count, shortcuts, channel description, mute notifications toggle, visibility status, privacy, reporting.
Stay tuned with us to discover new features and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.