AFCON2019 Finals Prediction: It is a win for Algeria  

1
AFCON2019 Finals Prediction

AFCON2019 Finals Prediction: It is a win for Algeria. The AFCON2019 Finals is here and newsghana24.com sports desk prediction is that, Algeria will win the trophy and be crowned champions of Africa football on 19th July 2019.

This epic clash will take place at the Cairo International Stadium on Friday, 19 Jul 2019, 8:00 PM (British Summer Time)

Coaches of the two teams must focus on team work and technical play instead of Sadio Mane and Riyad Mahrez who are two big two Champions League superstars, who will surely have roles to play and hope their teams win.

The Senegalese team are chasing after what will be their first ever African Cup of Nations (AFCON) trophy and are billed to face Algeria who annexed the trophy in 1990.

Algeria is in the finals as one of the unbeaten teams in the competition. They have also won every match in 90 minutes. Except on the one won in extra time at the quarter finals.

Throughout the AFCON2019, Algeria has lead by a goal to nil at halter time in five of their matches played.

They however drew goalless (0-0 half-time). At half time against Senegal at the group stage.  Aliou Cisse, the coach of the Senegal team at the pre match conference said “There’s no anti-Mahrez plan”

But, Senegal will do a disservice to themselves if they under estimate the capabilities of Algeria. It will be a disaster and at their own peril because the desert warriors are in this competition to win it with a solid team that is technically woven and compact.

An early goal for Algeria in the finals will be the end of Senegal. The North African team just as the likes of Tunisia and Egypt are good at slowing down the game and kill precious time with all manner of antics that will further frustrate Senegal and prevent them from playing their football.

One silly tackle and red card to Senegal will further win it for Algeria. Senegal must be careful and tolerant. Very disciplined and cool but the day will be for Algeria. Senegal will be hoping Sadio Mané comes to the party.

He is aiming at the Golden Boot with three goals to his credit just like Algeria’s Riyad Mahrez who will also love to win it.

Senegal suffered a goal drought in the semi finals and got into the finals courtesy an own goal. They must score in the finals or they will be runners up.

All the Egyptian fans and supporters will be rooting for Algeria against Senegal and the funs who are the 12th player on the day will play a critical role in an Algerian win on the night.

Algeria has a 50% chance of winning, Senegal 30% Draw 20%

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here