2020 School placement out Sunday – The Wait Is Over

Education

Barring any last-minute hitches, this year’s schools placement will be out on Sunday, February 21, the Director-General of the Ghana Education Service (GES), Professor Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa, has hinted.

The placement will cover candidates, both school and private, who wrote the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) in 2020, as well as other re-entrants.

In all, about 525,000 qualified BECE candidates will be seeking placement into 721 senior high, technical and vocational schools of their choices which have declared about 535,000 vacancies.

Enough places

Prof. Opoku-Amankwa told the Daily Graphic that the GES had worked closely with the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) to release the results of the majority of the candidates whose results had been withheld, adding that there were currently less than 100 candidates whose results had still been withheld.

He added that there were enough vacancies for the candidates, for which reason there was no need for any candidate or parent to panic.

The director-general explained that the challenge with the CSSPS had always been an issue of choice and not the availability of spaces.

Oversubscribed schools

Prof. Opoku-Amankwa said over the years, the number of candidates who qualified to be placed was always far below the vacancies available, “and every year when we do our placement, just as we get oversubscribed schools, we also get under-subscribed schools”.

He said only about 100 schools, out of the 721 were usually oversubscribed.

DON’T SKIP THESE POSTS ON 2020 SCHOOL PLACEMENTS

 

Source: graphic.com.gh

Send Your Stories For Publication


Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them via our email [email protected] or WhatsApp + CHAT NOW 


NewsGhana24 is not responsible for the reportage, or opinions of contributors published on the website. ||About Us|| Contact Us


 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *