The West African Examination Council – WEAC, names suspected WASSCE questions leaking syndicates.
The Examining body dropped the names of those hiding behind all the exams leaking groups on social media, and on websites. The activities of these examination leaking groups negatively impact efforts aimed at making the WASSCE and BECE credible and a fair means of accessing students.
The Apor job and operators might have had a free rise for long but the WAEC has a grip of them now.
In all WAEC has identified 8 men and 2 women as those behind the crime. The 10 have all been arrested and are in the custody of the police to assist in investigations.
A statement signed and issued in Accra by Mrs. Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, Deputy Director, Public Affairs, said the suspects are operators of “rogue websites who peddled fake questions presenting them as leaked papers and also in authentic papers which had been compromised after their official release from the Council’s depots.”
A simple search on telegram and you will be amazed by the number of such groups and the huge followings and customers they have.
WASSCE questions leakage has become profitable over the years for actors like the arrested because WAEC has seemed silent and they have over the years outweighed the laid down security measures.
Below are the details of the ten suspects
1. Ebenezer Akakpo popularly known as Mr. Luke Dito Dito. He is 21 years old and a pianist. He operates the rogue website under the name SHS Pop Up. Mr. Luke Dito Dito has over 26, 800 subscribers some of whom are parents, teachers and school proprietors. He operates also with Moses Aryee Okaitei popularly called Santiago and one Chris Brown who are at large.
2. Samuel Owusu Frimpong alias Koffi Linking. He is 30 years old and a Physics teacher at Namong Senior High School in the Ashanti Region. Koffi Linking operates the rogue website with the name Linking but claims that he does not know the number of subscribers. He also distributes to other dealers.
3. Alice Apama alias Alice. She is 28 years and a mother of one. She is a factory hand in a commercial press house in Accra and relays the items from her source by phone to subscribed clients.
Other WASSCE questions leaking persons are
4. George Obeng Asiedu alias Arafat/Ostino George. He is 35 years and an Economics teacher of Osino Senior High School in the Eastern Region. His specialty is with proprietors of private schools.
5. Westerman Ayimadu Amankwah, a Biology teacher of Osino Senior High School. He takes snapshots of questions in the examination room and forwards them to dealers for answers and broadcasting.
6. Isaac Dadzie alias Ike. He is 20 years old and claims to be a part-time worker with NCCE in Cape Coast. He collects the papers from designated sources and hands them over to various dealers especially Mr. Luke and Linking.
7. Alex Asoeanyinah alias Alabama. He is 39 years old, an Integrated Science teacher and the Senior Housemaster of Achinakrom Senior High School in the Ashanti Region. He forwards the items mainly to students.
The last WASSCE questions leaking persons in the grip of the law are
8. Foster Bekoe alias Akwesi Sakyi. He is about 27 years old and a trader in second-hand clothing. Akwesi Sakyi serves as a middleman and facilitator for other dealers. He operates with one Emmanual Drafoh alias Obama who is at large.
9. Nana Yaa Asanewaa alias Nhana Yhaa. She is 19 years and a casual staff of MTN. She registers SIM cards with fictitious names and details for the dealers to receive payment by MTN mobile money.
10. Prince Gbadago alias Sir Prince. He is 21 years and apart from being a dealer, he provides forged results slips for vulnerable clients. He works as a clerk in a Travel and Tour company.