The NPP and President Akuffo Addo would quickly debunk the online polls that revealed 52% of Ghanaians do not believe it will be prudent to give the NPP government another 4 years.
Ghanaians feel that the government has not been able to match it’s performance against its promises to the electorates ahead of the 2016 general election.
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s second bid for re-election as President of Ghana in December 2020 is shaky per the results of the polls.
The first wave of results of the Ghana Election Poll conducted online via the renowned market research firm MSI-ACI. It carried out the first poll between May 1 and June 30.
The polls suggested that 52% of the respondents are against voting Nana Addo lead the nation for another 4 years if his fulfilled promises are to be the basis for the decision to vote for him.
Just 32% of respondent believe the President deserves a the second term while 16% are yet to decide on whether to give him their vote again.
Using the sex of respondents, 51.8% and 52.2% of males and females respectively were of the view that Nana Addo has failed to live up to his lofty standards in deeds as compared to his promises.
Details of the polls said: “Across the ages, a lot more are undecided about whether the president has fulfilled his promises well enough to be re-elected. Those who are 40 years and above think he has fulfilled his promises well enough to be re-elected. Respondents in Eastern, Ashanti and Central Regions believe that the president has fulfilled his promises and needs to be re-elected. However, those in the Greater Accra Region are not sure.
MSI-ACI has indicated that the full sample has a have a +/- 3.482% margin of sampling error
Seven questions were asked in the first wave of Ghana Election Poll and their corresponding results would be published within the next three weeks. The questions include:
- Do you plan to vote in the 2020 election?
- If the December 2020 elections were to be held today, which party do you feel will win?
- Do you think Akufo-Addo has fulfilled his promises well enough to deserve re-election?
- Do you think former President JohnMahamadeserves to return as President of Ghana?
- Do you think it is time to vote another party into power apart from the NDC and NPP?
- Do you feel there is a possibility of vote-rigging in the 2020 election?
- Who are you planning to vote for if the 2020 elections were held today?
The Ghana Election Poll is powered by GhanaWeb and the Africa Consumer Panel which is a partnership between the digital publisher Africa Business Communities and renowned market research firm MSI-ACI.