Court sentenced three robbers to five years imprisonment

five years imprisonment

Three thieves who worked together to rob a woman at Zenu in the Kpone-Katamanso Municipality were each given five years in prison with hard labor by the Ashaiman Circuit Court.

Bismark Appiah, who is 18 and works as a bus driver, Emmanuel Attakora, who is 22 and works as a mason, and Mubarik Sayiti, who is 19 and works as a welder, all live in Zenu Atadeka.

On their own admission of guilt, they were sentenced to two counts of conspiracy to commit crime and robbery in violation of the Criminal Offence Act 1960. (ACT 29).

They were given three years in prison for the first count and five years of hard labor for the second count. However, the sentences will run at the same time.

The prosecutor, Chief Inspector Samuel Aperwah, said that the complainant, Ms. Evelyn Bortey Quaye, worked at Free Zone Company in Tema and lived in Atadeka, which is near Ashaiman.

Chief Inspector Aperwah said that on October 7, around 11:45 p.m., the complainant got off of a company bus on a part of the Atadeka road after getting off work.

He said that while she was waiting by the road for a ride home, the accused people on a motorbike pulled up next to her, held her down, and took her bag, which contained ATM cards, GH7.00 in cash, and an Itel cell phone worth GH300.10, before speeding away.

The prosecution says that the complainant told two members of the neighborhood committee about what happened when they saw her shouting by the roadside a few minutes after being robbed.

The three criminals were being chased by a member of the neighborhood committee who was also on a motorcycle. The three criminals eventually gave up their motorcycle and ran away when they realized they were being chased.

The members of the neighborhood committee went to the Zenu Atadeka Police station with the person who filed the complaint and the abandoned motorbike.

The court heard that on October 11, 2022, Bismark Appiah and Emmanuel Attakora went to the Katamanso Police Station to see if they could find their motorcycle there. Since it wasn’t there, they were sent to the New York Police Station.

The prosecution said that when the accused people went to the New York Police Station, they pointed out the motorcycle that was used in the case and said they owned it, but they didn’t have any proof.

So, they were taken into custody, questioned, and investigations were started. After that, they were tried in court.

READ ALSO:Did Hon. Ato Forson “Misrepresent His Own CV” to Parliament in 2013? : Razak Kojo Opoku Writes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!