Critically examining the current situation as far as COVID-19 . Ghana’s over 7300 cases and the continuous registration of huge numbers we are not out of the woods yet. Hence, it is very clear that there are some 10 things President Nana will not say during his 10th address to the nation.
These 10 predictions will give you a fair idea of what to expect.
1. President Nana doom for the nation destroy the gains we have made in winning the fight against COVID-19.will never say the flood gates . Permitting everything to come to normal overnight will spell
2. The President will not open all schools at all levels. This is not expected BECE and WASSCE) . In France, some 70 schools have to shut down a week after schools . With Ghana’s sadden like classroom arrangements, it will be disastrous to attempt to schools for children in basic schools where over 70 pupils are sometimes parked into one classroom. . This will not happen. However, it is likely possible that tertiary institutions and second cycle school year students and probably JHS students may return to the classroom to prepare for their final examinations (
3. We do not anticipate the president will open our boarders. It is highly impossible for the government to open the borders of the country. This could be for another 2 weeks with some flexibility.
5. The president will not lift the ban on social gathering but rather relax it to permit up to 50 persons per function whiles maintaining the safety protocols.
6. Public transport operators will not be allowed to go back to their original passenger capacities. The current normal will continue however the 28th May 2020 rains in Accra created a danger for Ghana as many drivers and passengers decided to break the protocols in Accra. Cars were fully loaded, passengers were not complaining of social distance and the drivers made sales at the expense of COVID-19 infections. We fear rain more than COVID-19.
7. We predict the presidents will not lockdown regions but it is highly that new hotspots for COVID-19 in the central region may experience a lockdown to contain the spread.
8. The President is not likely to promise any new stimulus What we need now is how best we will make good use of what we have now and invest them in the right sectors of the economy. or reliefs for business.
9. Places of worship (Churches and Mosques) opened. Easing the restrictions will mean taking a gamble. We that Churches to get ready to reopen on June 14, 2020. Thus the first church service held on 14th June while the first official opening of the Mosques Friday 19th June. However, this will come with the same safety protocols.
10. Lastly, don’t expect the President to say Ghana is out of the woods…In fact, we are still in it and much more needs to be done as we continue to battle COVID-19.
Well, there you have it. 10 things President Nana Addo will not say in his 10th address to the nation. Do you agree or disagree and why? Let us get interactive now.
Source: NewsGhana24.com | Wisdom Hammond