• Provide input for the preparation of audit strategies, programmes and management of the execution of audit engagements;
• Ensure that the requirements of quality assurance and review are met through the first stage review;
• Collaborate with team members in the review and evaluation of the system of management controls and assess their effectiveness;
• Collaborate with team members in the preparation of assignment related Job Progressive Performance Monitoring Reports for all team members under his supervision;
• Maintain adequate Working Papers File for review by Team Leader;
• Prepare audit observations supported with adequate working papers for submission to the Unit Head for review;
• Collaborate with the Unit Head to draft audit report supported with adequate working papers for submission to the Branch Heads/District Auditor;
• Supervise the work of subordinates and ensure that tasks are accomplished to meet deadlines; and
• Undertake any other job that may be assigned by the Unit Head or District Auditor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A professionally qualified Accountant with ICA(G), ACCA or CIMA
• A Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution is an added advantage
• A minimum of six (6) years post qualification relevant working experience of which 3 must be in a Middle Management Position in a reputable organisation.
• Good leadership, networking, monitoring and management experience,
• Good presentation, negotiating, lobbying and conflict resolution skills,
• Good qualitative and quantitative analytical skills,
• Good , communication, presentation and inter personal skills,
• Wide Knowledge in auditing standards,
• Good Knowledge of public financial management systems and reforms,
• Knowledge in industrial and labour relations,
• Knowledge of relevant computer applications,
• Good ethical background.